PFLAG promotes the health and well-being of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender persons, their families and friends through: support, to cope with an adverse society; education, to enlighten an ill-informed public; and advocacy, to end discrimination and to secure equal civil rights. Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays provides opportunity for dialogue about sexual orientation and gender identity, and acts to create a society that is healthy and respectful of human diversity. -PFLAG National
"When you no longer need PFLAG, that's when PFLAG needs you!"
PFLAG Cleveland is also active in community outreach, education, and advocacy. If you're interested in reaching beyond PFLAG Support Group meetings, consider becoming involved in our outreach endeavors. We invite you to attend one of our advisory board meetings on the first Wednesday of each month. Some of our projects include:
- Offering educational programs to community groups, including schools, churches, and synagogues requesting our help.
- Sponsoring LGBT Friendly films at local theatres.
- Assisting in PFLAG Cleveland membership drive and fundraising efforts.
- Serving as a liaison to community groups GLSEN Cleveland, TransFamily, and the Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Community Center
- Organizing special events, such as Pride Day Brunch, Pride Parade Events